This template was designed specifically to help you draft a novel in 30 days. If you are looking for a more general template to help you organize and draft your novel, check out my Novel Writing Template for Notion.
Whether you're attempting a fun challenge or participating in an event like NaNoWriMo, writing a book in only a month is daunting! I really wanted to create a template that made the drafting process as simple as possible, and this was the result - a Notion template designed to help you track and organize your writing project, with a 30-day plot template to help guide you through your novel, pages to house and organize all of your notes, word count tracking, and finally, milestones and rewards to incentivize your writing.
It’s always easy to get bogged down with features and widgets in Notion, and it was important to me that this template be functional first and foremost, which meant it had to be clean and simple without compromising on some of the more important features. That being said, there are plenty of pages and databases here to help you organize your writing before and during November.
This template includes:
- A 30-day database that includes plot beats for each day so you’ll always know the next part of the story to write, a place for tracking your word count goal, and keeping track of that scene/chapter’s characters and setting
- Daily pages for each day of the event with a synced menu so you can easily access your story notes, a place to outline each scene or chapter, word sprint tracking, a scene checklist, and a place for any additional notes you want to make
- Pages for your book summary and a detailed beat-by-beat three-act outline
- A character bank database that includes a character sheet template
- A world notes database to organize all of your world-building notes into categories
- A notebook for storing ideas and plot bunnies you don’t want to distract from your writing
- Premade notebook pages for staying motivated, including a page to remind yourself why this story matters to you in the first place, a prep checklist to get all your ducks in a row before the event, a place for storing songs and playlists to keep you motivated, and a template for creating mood boards!
- A research database for storing and organizing any research you do for your story
Whether you plan to use it for drafting, or purely for outlining and tracking, this Notion template includes everything you need to help you reach 50k in 30 days!
NOTE: You will need to have a Notion account to duplicate this template to your workspace. You can sign up for free at Notion.so
Duplicate this template to your own Notion workspace to start using it. You will also be added to an email list to keep you up-to-date with any changes or updates made to the template.