NOTE: This template was designed specifically for NaNoWriMo. If you are looking for a more general template to help you organize and draft your novel, check out my Novel Writing Template for Notion.
As a fellow Wrimo and NaNo veteran, I really wanted to create a template that made the drafting process as simple as possible, and this was the result - a Notion template designed to help you track and organize your NaNoWriMo project, with a 30-day plot template to help guide you through your novel, pages to house and organize all of your notes, word count tracking, and finally, milestones and rewards to incentivize your writing.
It’s always easy to get bogged down with features and widgets in Notion, and it was important to me that this template be functional first and foremost, which meant it had to be as clean and simple as possible without compromising on some of the more important features. That being said, there are plenty of pages and databases here to help you organize your writing before and during November.
This template includes:
- A 30-day database that includes plot beats for each day so you’ll always know the next part of the story to write, a place for tracking your word count goal, and keeping track of that scene/chapter’s characters and setting
- Daily pages for each day of the event with a synced menu so you can easily access your story notes, a place to outline each scene or chapter, word sprint tracking, a scene checklist, and a place for any additional notes you want to make
- Pages for your big picture synopsis and a detailed beat-by-beat three-act outline
- A character bank database that includes a character sheet template
- A world notes database to organize all of your world-building notes into categories
- An idea vault for storing ideas and plot bunnies you don’t want to distract from your writing
- A research page for storing any research you do for your story
- A selection of pages for staying motivated, including a page to remind yourself why this story matters to you in the first place, and pages for storing or linking to any mood boards and/or playlists
- A place for tracking NaNoWriMo milestones and rewards
- A basic NaNoWriMo prep checklist to help you get all your ducks in a row before the event starts
Whether you plan to use it for drafting, or purely for outlining and tracking, this Notion template includes everything you need to help you reach 50k in November!
Once you have access to the template, you can duplicate it to your own Notion workspace to start using it. You will also be added to an email list so I can keep you up-to-date with any changes or updates I make to the template.